O Ye Fair Ones - Lament of Mormon and Moroni (A Type And Shadow Of The Last Day)
http://youtu.be/xlGngJ7y0uc- Powerful Testimony Of The Past, And The Our Time (The Very Last Days Before The Coming Of The Lord, Jesus Christ-
Mormon and Moroni lament the loss of the Nephite Nation.
Their ultimate Destruction is accounted in the Book of Mormon and Moroni of the Book of Mormon and foreshadowed in the Book of Ether.
Click To Save the Playlist! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twVK1E...
This is a growing selection of stories about the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, in the New Testament.
A New BeginningWe assume that at the time Moroni wrote the title page to the Book of Mormon he thought his work with the plates was completed and all he needed to do further was to bury them, but the Lord had other things for him to do. Called to a new assignment, Moroni returned to the plates once again to write upon them. He also had somehow acquired new plates upon which to write since his father’s record was full. In the time between burying his father’s record, and beginning a new, Moroni had been shown several visions of the future importance of the sacred Nephite record. Sometime in these years the Lord gave Moroni the “keys of the record of the stick of Ephraim” (D&C 27:5). Moroni’s new calling extended beyond the grave to the glorious last dispensation in which he would give the sacred text to a new, young prophet.
The Prophecies of MoroniAs the Lord unfolded the events in this last dispensation to him, Moroni recorded them upon the plates. The following list comprises Moroni’s prophecies contained in the last three books within the Book of Mormon:
1. No one shall have the plates to get financial gain even though the plates contain a considerable amount of gold (Mormon 8:14).
2. Whoever brings the plates to light will be blessed of the Lord (vv. 14, 15).
3. The golden plates shall be brought out of darkness and will shine forth by the power of God (v. 26).
4. In the day the plates are revealed it will be taught that miracles are done away (v. 26).
5. The plates shall come as one will speak from the dead (v. 26).
6. The era in which the plates will come forth will be troubled by secret combinations and works of darkness (v. 27).
7. The book will come forth at a time that the power of God is denied (v. 28).
8. Churches will be defiled because of pride (v. 28).
9. Church leaders and teachers will envy those who belong to their churches (Mormon 8:28–37).
10. There will be great destruction, e.g. fires, tempests and vapors of smoke, in foreign lands (v. 29).
11. There will be wars and rumors of wars and earthquakes in divers locations (v. 30).
12. There will be great pollutions upon the face of the earth, e.g., murders, robbing, lying, deceivings, whoredoms, and all manner of abominations. It will be taught that God will uphold such at the last day (v. 31).
13. Sins will be forgiven for money (v. 32).
14. Very fine apparel will be a mark of the day because of pride and all manner of iniquities (v. 36).
15. Every church has become polluted because of pride (v. 36).
16. They love their money, substance, fine apparel and the adorning of their churches more than they love the poor and they needy, the sick and afflicted (v. 37).
17. When the Lord comes, the earth shall be rolled as a scroll and the elements shall melt with fervent heat (9:2).
18. “This is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage . . . captivity, and from all other nations . . . if they will serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ . . .” (Ether 2:12).
19. The future translator (Joseph Smith) may be privileged to “show the plates unto those who shall assist to bring forth this work” (5:1–5).
20. Three witnesses shall be shown the plates by the power of God (vv. 1–5).
21. Three sets of witnesses, the three witnesses, the eight witnesses, and the Godhead, shall all stand as a testimony against the world at the last day who reject this work (v. 4).
22. Whatever nation shall uphold secret combinations until they get power and gain and spread over that nation shall be destroyed (8:22).
23. Moroni prophesied of a specific wicked combination in the last days that would attempt to overthrow the freedom of all lands. It will bring to pass destruction (Ether 8:25).
24. The Lamanites shall receive the Holy Ghost (Moroni 10:1–7).
25. Moroni shall be at the judgment bar of God where God shall ask the world’s inhabitants, “Did I not declare my words unto you, which were written by this man?” (Moroni 10:27).
It is significant to note how many prophecies are directly related to Moroni’s continued service in the last days.