But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Current Economic Collapse News Brief - Episode 1048 (Most Likely His Best Post To Date)
A Closer Glance....
Book of Revelation Overview
Through the Prophet Joseph Smith, the Lord has given us vital keys to understanding the book of Revelation, particularly the meaning of the seven seals.
When we come to Revelation 8, we begin to read of the seventh seal, or the seventh thousand years of the earth’s temporal existence. During the early part of this period is when judgments come upon the earth in a final attempt to turn mankind’s heart to God; it will be sometime early in this period—how early is unspecified—when at last the earth will be cleansed, Christ will return, and the Millennium will begin. (D&C 77:12–13; note the clear reference to both a time period and events to occur after the opening of the seventh seal butbefore the time of the Second Coming.) The description of those seventh seal events fills most of the remainder of the book.
Following is a discussion of the main events of John’s revelation, in the order in which John describes them. We should note that we do not know if John saw certain of the events in the exact order in which they will occur, or if some events will overlap or occur simultaneously. We purposely give very little interpretation of John’s metaphors, except as is made available in the Book of Revelation. But the presentation, added to the explanations from D&C 77, should help clarify the central scope and message of the book of Revelation.
The information is based upon a Church Education System chart and was adapted for Ensign use by Jay A. Parry.
Revelation’s Seven Seals
John’s seven seals give an overview of the seven thousand years of earth’s “temporal existence,” as follows:
1. (Rev. 6:1–2—about 4000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.) John sees a warrior, conquering.
2. (Rev. 6:3–4—about 3000 B.C. to 2000 B.C.) John sees a representation of human contention and death.
3. (Rev. 6:5–6—about 2000 B.C. to 1000 B.C.) John sees images of famine.
4. (Rev. 6:7–8—about 1000 B.C. to A.D. 1) John sees death by war, famine, beasts.
5. (Rev. 6:9–11—about A.D. 1 to A.D. 1000) John sees the martyrs for Christ of the early Christian era.
Six of seven trumps now sound, signaling six coming judgments on the earth: (1) hail and fire mingled with blood are cast upon the earth (cf. Ex. 9:22–26; Ezek. 38:22); (2) a great burning mountain is cast into the sea (cf. Ex. 7:19–25); (3) a great star falls, affecting 1/3 of fresh water; (4) 1/3 of heavenly bodies turn dark (cf. Ex. 10:21–23); (5) sun is darkened by smoke; 5-month battle plagues mankind, of such extent it is called a “woe”; (6) a 13-month war plagues mankind, but men still don’t repent, suggesting clearly the purposes for the “judgments of God.”
John sees the gentiles “tread” Jerusalem “under foot” for 42 months. During that same period two witnesses of the Lord testify with great power. The period ends with an earthquake. Conditions now are such that the period is called a second “woe.” (See D&C 77:15.)
The seventh angel trumps, and voices in heaven proclaim the coming earthly reign of Christ; lightnings, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail follow—a “third woe” of mankind.
The Opposition Between Satan’s Kingdom and the Kingdom of God. (Rev. 12–14)
To prepare John to understand the final events that are to occur, he is given an overview of the opposition between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of Satan. The voices in heaven announce the coming triumph of the kingdom of God. This kingdom and its great Satanic counterpart are shown to John in some detail. (Rev. 12,Rev. 13, Rev. 14)
The Church and Kingdom of God
1. John sees a woman, the church (the ecclesiastical aspect of the kingdom), bring forth the kingdom over which Christ reigns as king (the political aspect of the kingdom). (See JST, Rev. 12:1–3, 7.)
2. John sees that the church and kingdom of God are opposed by the great dragon (Satan) and are taken away for many years. (JST, Rev. 12:4–5.)
3. John sees that this opposition actually began in the premortal existence and caused war in heaven. (JST, Rev. 12:6–12.)
4. John sees that the church of his time would not bring forth the kingdom but would be driven into the wilderness (apostasy) by the dragon. (JST, Rev. 12:13–17; see also D&C 5:14; D&C 33:5; D&C 86:1–3.)
The Church and Kingdom of Satan
1. John sees a beast “in the likeness of the kingdoms of the earth” (JST, Rev. 13:1) come from the sea. He is shown that Satan has power over earthly kingdoms (the political aspects of his kingdom) and that this beast made war with the Saints and overcame them, referring to the events of the Great Apostasy. (Rev. 13:1–10.)
2. John sees another beast, one that exercises great evil through religious power (the ecclesiastical aspects of his kingdom). The followers of this beast are sealed in their foreheads to mark their allegiance. Satan works many miracles and deceives much of mankind. (Rev. 13:11–18.)
1. Having been shown Satan’s power on earth, John is now shown the power that will overthrow it. He sees the Lamb on Mount Zion with 144,000 special ministers of the gospel. (Rev. 14:1–5.)
2. John sees the angelic ministration of the gospel, which has the power to end Satan’s dominion. (Rev. 14:6–7.)
3. John sees the Son of Man in heaven with the sickle and winepress. The great harvest (judgment) of the wicked is soon to begin. (Rev. 14:8–20.)
Rewards for Those Who Are Victorious over Satan (Rev. 15:1–4)
Before the final judgments—designed to produce repentance among mankind—John is again shown the state of the righteous who are victorious over the powers of Satan.
(1) A sore on the wicked (cf. Zech. 14:12; D&C 29:19); (2) sea becomes as blood; (3) fresh waters become as blood; (4) sun scorches men with great heat; (5) the Beast’s kingdom fills with darkness, and men gnaw tongues for pain and blaspheme God because of sores; (6) three great evil spirits influence men to battle at Armageddon (see also Ezek. 38–39; Joel 3:12–14; Zech. 12–14); (7) a voice from heaven says “It is done.” There are voices, thunders, lightnings, and the greatest earthquake in earth’s history; cities of nations fall; islands flee, and mountains are leveled; a great plague of hail.
At this point, John is once again given additional background on Satan’s kingdom which puts into perspective the next events he will be shown. An angel describes a great whore, with whom people of the earth have committed spiritual fornication. This whore is the Satanic counterpart of the woman in chapter 12, which is the church of Christ. John learns that this great whore sits on many waters, which represent the peoples of the earth (see Rev. 17:1, 15); sits on the head of a beast, or earthly kingdom which is full of “names of blasphemy” (see Rev. 17:3); and is “drunken with the blood of the saints” (see Rev. 17:6). Many earthly kingdoms are associated with her and will give their power to the beast and “make war with the Lamb.” (See Rev. 17:7–18.) NOTE: Nephi had a similar vision. See 1 Ne. 13:4–9, 24–29, 34; 1 Ne. 14:9–17.
An angel proclaims the fall of Babylon (which symbolizes the sin and wickedness of the world, as well as those who partake of it). Babylon is to be destroyed by plagues, famine, and fire; her wicked supporters will mourn her loss. The Saints are called “out” of Babylon, that they might “receive not of her plagues.”
There are commonly counted 42 kings of Israel. However, when one counts kingships, or continuous reigns, as presidencies are counted, it is found that there are 44 kingships in the history of Israel.
Obama: Last President of America ProphecyThere Will Be No More
Presidents of the United States of America as We Know It.
It has been
pointed out that Israel and Judah had 44 successions to king. America has had 44
presidents. Consider that, if history repeats itself, how much time does America
have? Note that I include David twice. David's reign was interrupted by the coup
of Absalom. Likewise, the American presidency has had a president who served
non-consecutive terms as the chief executive.
I know of several Americans
who received visions & dreams in which a warning of a last American
President is given. I relate my own dream one of the videos below.
others' dreams are:
J.R. Nyquist said: "In closing, I will outrage the
skeptics further by…
Vision of the End of the World
This panoramic view of the earth came into view and then came closer and closer like I had been out into space and was flying towards it.
I knew that this was to help me make my decision to go back to earth, to my terrible life, because part of me wanted to go back to the beautiful spirit world or paradise and part of me felt the need to go back into my body and change my life. It was kind of a tug of war and what I was going to see was to help me understand what I would go through if I went back into my clay body.
It played out again just like a video tape in fast forward motion and yet again I could assimilate and see everything clearly and perfectly. As the world zoomed up to me I saw the whole world and then the various countries.
I don't know the countries of the world very well, but as I looked at these lands I instinctively knew what countries they were. I was looking at the Middle East and watched as a missile flew from Libya and hit Isra…
Published on Nov 23, 2016
I prayed. Then went to bed. I was still awake, when suddenly I heard a trumpet sound. A voice cried out to me, "Stand!"....One of the armed men came to me. "I woke you to show you what is to come," he said. ~Dumitru Duduman
(Source- Member Of LDS Another Voice Of Warning Site)
Beware of the Gadiantons:
Ye shall see that this Gadianton did prove the overthrow, yea, almost the entire destruction of the people...
Yet the Sith have a long-term plan too:
"Patience. For now, distasteful as it may be, we must let intermediaries like [Gadianton] be our hands. Our time will come, but it is not yet."
―Darth Sidious conversing with Darth Maul
(I would HOPE you don’t need to be told this is from Star Wars!)
O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties